Tuesday 24 July 2012

I Want That One! Every Child has got to have a PILLOW PET!


Be prepared to love Pillow Pets...

We had seen other pillow-type toys before, and within 48hours of purchasing them, they were already destined for the 'charity pile' - that is, the pile of toys and clothes in my house that have been less than pleasing purchases!


Well, we have stumbled upon the bestest cutest pillow pet toy I have ever seen. In fact, they are called Pillow Pets! 


Pyjamas: check. Pillow Pet: check.

My daughter found the new pillow pet - a ladybird looking pillow with a head - before I was ready to give it to her. While I was reading a posh current affairs magazine trying to be knowledgeable, my Only Child came bounding down the hallway screaming at the top of her lungs, "IS THIS FOR ME? IS THIS FOR ME?". I replied calmly, "yes".

My Only Child was in love with it already. Kids just seem to know whey a toy is good. And they always seem to know how to use it, before Mum and Dad do.

In a second, you can fold the pillow pet, and it stands up!
"Look Mum, it can be a pillow and a pet!". And she took the velcro tab on one end of the toy and attached it to the other side. My Only Child started demonstrating all the things she could use her pillow pet for... at some point during the afternoon I saw it being bounced up and down on the trampoline, then just before dinner it was being cradled at the 'children's hospital'.

The Pillow Pet is so soft, and so cute! Surprisingly cute! I even wrote on my personal facebook account that a certain pregnant family member had to cuddle up with a couple of these. They have a comforting effect it seems.

Going to bed is easier with a Pillow Pet!
Pillow Pets would be good for all age Only Children - and their parents! The pillow has just the right amount of cushion to make children feel like they are really cuddling and playing with something. And the velcro tab that allows the pillow pet to fold up in to a freestanding 'pet' is fantastic.

I knew we were on to a good thing when come bed time, my Only Child threw her usual strawberry pillowcased pillow off the bed, and announced, "You and Daddy can have my old pillow now - I'm sleeping on my pillow pet everynight!". 

And that is just what she has done every night since we got it.

Pillow Pets are a worthy investment for your Only Child, or any child who thinks they have everything already. 







No comments:

Post a Comment

Tongue-in-cheek or foot-in-mouth! No experts, just Mums and Dads, and Only Children. So say something!